Archive for the ‘Others’ Category
WELCOME TO THE YMCA GREATER WELLINGTON REGION
Throughout New Zealand there are 15 YMCAs that share a common purpose – to relate to and meet the needs of people in their respective communities. The YMCA’s across the country work on a number of collaborative projects with the shared aim: to build strong kids, strong families and strong communities by being locally responsive and engaged, but also nationally co-operative and supportive.
YMCA Greater Wellington Region is a not for profit community organisation which aims to build strong kids, strong families and strong communities. Together with our many partners we provide opportunities for people of all ages and abilities to help them grow in body, mind and spirit.
We have five departments:
- Recreation, The Recreation department includes our Fitness Centre in Trentham, After Schools Care Programmes, School Holiday Programmes and Sport leagues based all around the region.
- Education, The Education department operates in Masterton and Wellington and provides programmes mainly for second chance learners. These are young people that for a range of reasons mainstream education has not worked well for them.
- Youth, The Youth department runs programmes in Masterton and Dannevirke.We are currently exploring opportunities in the Hutt Valley and Porirua/Mana area.
- Outdoors, YMCA Camp Kaitoke is located on 38 acres in Kaitoke just north of Upper Hutt. We run a quality Outdoor education programme for schools and our own YMCA camps in holiday periods. The camp is also well used by a range of community groups throughout the year.
- Accommodation, YMCA Pilmuir Accommodation is located at 67 Pilmuir Street, where we have a 102-room hostel offering affordable short and long term accommodation options.
With your help we can further provide fantastic opportunities for our communities throughout the whole Greater Wellington Region. There’s no better way to help foster a sense of belonging than to get involved, in whichever way is best for you. Perhaps that could be through your organisation or business, maybe you wish to contact us about a partnership, or perhaps you may interested in making a donation or a bequest, the YMCA is a Charity after all and any funds raised will be put back into supporting our programmes within the community, we welcome your input.
We would love to hear from you or your organisation.
CEO YMCA Greater Wellington Region.
Youth Development New Skills
Wairarapa Times Age / October 20 2012
Shooting for Hoops Record
Upper Hutt Leader / October 17 2012
YMCA Youth Education
Court in the Act Magazine; Issue 58, Page 10 / July 2012
Kids in suspense
Wainuiamata News / July 25 2012
Youngsters flying high
Upper Hutt Leader / July 25 2012
Big swing tests limits
Porirua News / July 25 2012
School Holiday Treat
Cook Strait News / July 23 2012
The Y – Here for you
Wairarapa News / June 13 2012
A second chance at learning
Rise Magazine; Issue 19 / June 2012
Flag League takes off
Kapi Mana News / April 10 2012
YMCA helping youth experience life
Wairarapa News / February 15 2012
Camp gives children a new look at life
Upper Hutt Leader / January 11 2012
Camp Kaitoke turns kids’ lives around
Lynsey Morgan / December 2011
Push for Youth Training
Amie Hickland / Saturday December 17 2011
Wairarapa Times Age
Forum to target youth programmes
Porirua News / Wednesday November 16 2011
Getting Young Ideas Hatched
Kapi-Mana News / Tuesday November 15 2011
Big Changes for Masterton YMCA
Nathan Crombie / Saturday November 12 2011
Wairarapa Times Age
YMCA re-arranges Masterton Services
Wairarapa News / Wednesday November 9 2011
Parkinson’s sufferers tone up at the YMCA
Upper Hutt Leader / Wednesday September 30 2009
What the Association is doing
The Press / September 24 1907