Current Job Vacancies at the Y
OSCAR leadership positions
YMCA Greater Wellington provides top quality Out of School Care programmes to primary aged children in our communities.
We need top quality people to help us lead the delivery of our programmes based at Raroa Intermediate School and Mt Cook Primary School.
These are part-time positions from 2.30pm-6.00pm, Monday-Friday during term time. There may also be the chance to work during the holiday programmes.
Working with us means you can:
- Make a real difference to the daily lives of kids by giving them an out of school experience that they love
- Share your own skills and creativity to contribute to exciting activities and programmes
- Be part of an energetic team and receive training and development for your job.
Our ideal candidates will be:
- Energetic and enthusiastic about working in a child-centred, busy environment
- Competent and reliable to ensure a safe, fun environment (probably with some previous, similar experience)
- Willing and able to support our Centre Managers, including “acting up” for them from time to time
- Over 20 years old (to meet our child safety requirements).
How to apply
To apply for these positions, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Please state your preferred location – Raroa or Mt Cook.
Centre Manager – (OSCAR)
YMCA provides high quality before school care and after school care to primary aged children throughout the Wellington Region.
We now have an opportunity for an experienced manager to lead centres based in primary schools in the Khandallah area. Your hours of work will be
2.30pm – 6.00pm Monday to Friday during the term time (before school care hours may also be required but can be negotiated).
This is an opportunity that offers:
- Management level work on a part-time basis
- Work in a community based organisation making a real difference to kids and families
- A genuine leadership role
- Free after school care for your children
- Free parking and accessibility to public transport.
Previous experience in a similar role is an advantage, as is a first aid certificate and full drivers licence. However, full training will be given to applicants who demonstrate the energy and commitment required to create a safe and fun environment for our children and can obtain and maintain a satisfactory police vet.
How to apply
Send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Description: Centre Manager
Please send all CV’s and expressions of interest to: