YMCA OSCAR centers are a positive and exciting place to work. Our programmes are recreation based and aim to meet the needs of primary school aged children in a fun, safe, learning environment.
Senior Leaders are critical to the smooth running of our centers and the programmes and they work closely with the Center Manager. These positions are an opportunity to:
- Use and develop your leadership skills
- Contribute to the management of the Center
- Work with primary aged children in a positive, busy environment
The position we have available is for our Khandallah area. These positions are for 17.5 hours per week (2.30-6pm, Monday to Friday) during term time and there may also be the opportunity for Holiday Programme work.
Those most likely to succeed as Senior Leaders will have the following skills and experience:
- Experience in a ‘duty manager’ position or similar position of responsibility
- Strong planning and organising skills
- Experience in working with primary school age children (ideally in an educational setting)
A positive ‘can do’ attitude and a willingness to contribute your enthusiasm and ideas are also highly valued.
By joining the YMCA team you will receive training and support in your role and may be eligible for free after school care for your child.
YMCA Wellington is committed to Child Protection and the safeguarding of children and young people in our care and it is our expectation that all staff will operate in a way that reflects this intent. The successful applicant will need to return a satisfactory Police Record Check before commencement of Employment.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Please apply here with CV and cover letter by 30th November.